University of Southern California Fountain
Removal and replacement of an old decrepit water feature with a new larger Water Feature concept from Fong Hart Schneider Partners, Architects. Replacing the existing equipment and designing the new larger mechanical systems into an existing underground basement facility with limited space was greatest challenge.
- Mechanical: 32HP Pumping, over 2500 gallons per min. water FX flow. 1440watts of WRGB LED Lighting within basin walls and below bowl weir and jets.
- Creative: Staying within limited equipment space designing the required GPM (flow rate) consumed by the jets and weir steps.
USC Fountain Re-Engineered by Aquatic Creations, Inc.
Westfield University Town Center Musical Fountain
- 15 year old water feature renovation. Re-designing and engineering a static weir flow water feature into a show feature into an existing fountain basin that is less than 500 sq ft. Adding 10 variable controlled 2hp pumps, 40 jets and 41 RGB LED light fixtures.
- In addition fitting all of the above into a relatively small existing equipment vault took hours of layout and reconfiguration.
Mechanical: 35HP Pumping, 2000 gallons per min. water FX and weir flow.
Electronic: Show Control system employs Art-Net DMX over IP network.
Creative: Integrates H2Oarts Musical Water Feature Automation System for spontaneous musical choreography.
Westfield UTC Musical Water Feature with H2Oarts Automated Show Control
Click here for video
Westfield UTC Musical Water Feature Re-Engineering
Evening fashion show with water wall backdrop
- Design and Installation of feature and underground pump vault into a existing 15 year old mall right up against an elevator.
- Concealing all piping distribution to each individual water wall section in a slim stainless steel frame system.
- Mechanical: 14HP Pumping, 1000watts of RGB LED Lighting below walls and around basin perimeter
- Creative: 7 individually controlled glass panels to create varied flow patterns across the water wall
Fashion Valley Water Wall Close Up
Fashion Valley Water Wall Engineering
Westfield University Town Center Dolphin Water Feature
- 15 year old water feature renovation. A complete revision of the original mechanical systems operational concept and control in regard to basin flow and water effects representing the Dolphins in active play. Refurbished and reused part of the existing pumping systems providing a more efficient design and operating system in regard to plumbing and electrical use. Original horsepower use was 24 now only 10HP with improved water effects. Original lighting was (qty-3 fixtures @1500watts total, white light only), Now (qty-18 LED RGB full color light fixtures operating only at 540 watts of power)
- Mechanical:10HP Pumping, 1000 gallons per min. water FX and weir flow.
- Creative:Current flow and disguising piping systems/jets within the water feature basins representing the active play of the Bronze Dolphins.
Aquatic Creations, Inc. Westfield University Town Center Dolphin Feature
Washington Park Automated Musical Fountain by night
Design Challenges – Unique system for a large scale water feature that is used 12 hours per day for both interactive play and musical show. Read More…